Minister for Health Dr. Ifereimi Waqainabete says there is no problem with schools being open in the wake of the measles outbreak as most school students would have been vaccinated.
Dr. Waqainabete says nearly 90% of people in the target group of those between the ages of 19 and 39 years have been immunised and the Ministry is hoping to immunise the rest soon.
As of last Friday, only about 20,000 people in the target group are yet to be vaccinated for measles.
The Health Ministry has also revealed that the Central Division has reached the goal of 95 percent vaccination coverage during the campaign for the target groups.
The National measles immunisation campaign, which was temporarily suspended on the 27th of last month due to Tropical Cyclone Sarai, will restart in all divisions tomorrow.
There are now 27 confirmed cases of measles in the country.
Stay tuned for the latest news on our radio stations