Over $10 million has been paid out after the processing of over 10,000 Fiji National Provident Fund member applications for Cyclone Winston Natural Disaster Assistance as at 8am yesterday.
Reports saying that $14 million was paid out upto yesterday, are misleading.
FNPF’s Chief Operating Officer, Jaoji Koroi says a total of 80,000 applications have been received so far and the Fund continues to prioritise payments to those living in worst‑affected areas.
Koroi says that given the high number of applications received, the Fund is faced with the daunting challenge of processing these for payments.
They have diverted all their resources to this assistance and have increased their capacity to meet the demands from members.
Koroi says applications received from Ba, Tavua and Rakiraki have been fast‑tracked to the Suva office to allow for processing and payment to these members.
FNPF employee hands out forms for FNPF members needing assistance.
They are also prioritising applications received from Koro, Levuka, Yacata, Taveuni and Vanuabalavu.
Applications close next Friday.
Koroi says any withdrawal from members’ general eligibility will affect future withdrawals and their total balance.
He says it may mean that you will have to forego some other assistance provided by the Fund, especially for those with low eligibility.
Stay tuned for the latest news on our radio stations