The Health Ministry confirms there is an interim shortage of the measles vaccine and additional stocks will arrive in the coming days.
It says the remaining measles vaccine stock will be prioritised to those who are at the greatest risk of catching and spreading measles and it is not available for the general public until additional stocks arrive in the coming days.
The Health Ministry says current stocks are being reserved for high-risk target groups which include residents of Serua/Namosi, children from the ages of 6 months to 3 years and people travelling overseas.
People travelling overseas must show proof travel such as their ticket and travel itinerary and not just a passport.
It says the routine immunisation of children at 12 and 18 months of age will continue as per the national immunisation schedule.
There are now 9 confirmed cases of measles from the Serua/Namosi subdivision.
The 2 new cases are of a 15-year-old from Wainadoi and a 2-year-old who had been staying in Waibogi, Serua.
The Health Ministry says the 2-year-old had returned home to Koronivia and is currently admitted under isolation at the CWM Hospital in Suva after returning from the Nakasi Health Centre on Tuesday.
Stay tuned for the latest news on our radio stations