20th November 06:52 AM
Elderly woman rescued from burning house at Toorak on Diwali night passed away and will be cremated today
By Iva Danford
Wednesday 06/11/2019
The fire burnt everything up to the area where she was sheltered.

The elderly woman who was rescued from her house destroyed in a fire at Spring Street in Toorak, Suva on Diwali night has passed away at the CWM Hospital and will be cremated today.

The National Fire Authority had highlighted that the woman was trapped in the house when the fire started and access to locate the woman was very difficult due to the fire due to collapsed and hot corrugated roofing iron.

When firefighters managed to contain the fire, they found the elderly woman sheltered in one of the amenities unharmed.

The fire burnt everything up to the area where she was sheltered.

Pacific Specialist Healthcare
Listen to the latest news on our 5 radio stations Legend FM, Viti FM, Radio Sargam, FM96 and Navtarang.
CFL Radio Frequencies
 
IN DEPTH
 
LATEST NEWS