All Blacks star Caleb Clarke faces hefty fines or even jail time after admitting charges of dangerous driving and failing to stop for police.
The NZ Herald reports the 29-Test winger pleaded guilty - through a lawyer - to charges in the Auckland District Court yesterday related to an incident in the city last December.
While the 25-year-old has apologised, he is seeking a discharge without conviction ahead of sentencing in June.
According to the NZ Herald, Clarke said he made an error of judgment last year while riding his motorbike in Auckland.
He says he has taken full responsibility for his actions and has entered a guilty plea.
He also says he is extremely apologetic and embarrassed.
Clarke adds the court and employment processes are ongoing, and now he is going to fully focus on his rugby.
The Blues are set to allow Clarke to play out the 2025 Shop N Save Super Rugby Pacific season without disciplining him, issuing a club statement that said it would conduct an "internal employment procedure" after sentencing.
New Zealand Rugby has yet to comment on the wrongdoing.
Meanwhile, the 2024 Super Rugby Pacific champion has not yet won a game this season, as they went down to the Chiefs 25-14 in round 1 and were also defeated by the Highlanders 29-21 last Saturday.
The Blues will take on the Hurricanes at 6.05pm Saturday.
In other matches, Moana Pasifika will take on the Highlanders at 6.05pm Friday, Waratahs will face the Swire Shipping Fijian Drua at 8.35pm Friday, the Chiefs will play the Brumbies at 3.35pm Saturday, and the Force will take on the Reds at 8.35pm Saturday.
Stay tuned for the latest news on our radio stations