Crusaders Coach Scott Robertson has named his starting side for the all New Zealand clash with the Blues which features six changes and one positional switch from the side that took the field against the Waratahs last Saturday night.
In the front row, Tim Perry makes his return from the hamstring injury he sustained against the Brumbies in round 11, and will start at loosehead prop.
Owen Franks also returns to the starting side this week, and Mike Alaalatoa moves to the reserves.
Quinten Strange steps in to the starting team this week in place of regular captain Sam Whitelock, with Matt Todd to lead the side in his absence.
The only other change in the forward pack sees Heiden Bedwell‑Curtis take the starting spot in the No. 6 jersey, and Pete Samu will provide cover on the bench.
In the backs, Vice‑Captain Ryan Crotty returns this week, and will line up in the midfield alongside Jack Goodhue. Outside back George Bridge will shift from fullback to the left wing for this game, and David Havili will wear the No. 15 jersey. Manasa Mataele, having recovered from the head knock he suffered against the Waratahs, takes a spot on the bench.
The Crusaders meet the Blues at 7.35pm tomorrow.
BNZ Crusaders team to play the Blues:
1. Tim Perry RESERVES
2. Codie Taylor 16. Andrew Makalio
3. Owen Franks 17. Wyatt Crockett
4. Scott Barrett 18. Michael Alaalatoa
5. Quinten Strange 19. Mitchell Dunshea
6. Heiden Bedwell‑Curtis 20. Pete Samu
7. Matt Todd (C) 21. Mitchell Drummond
8. Jordan Taufua 22. Mitchell Hunt
9. Bryn Hall 23. Manasa Mataele
10. Richie Mo'unga
11. George Bridge
12. Ryan Crotty (VC)
13. Jack Goodhue
14. Seta Tamanivalu
15. David HaviliADVERTISEMENT Listen to the latest news on our 5 radio stations Legend FM, Viti FM, Radio Sargam, FM96 and Navtarang.