11th December 12:48 PM
Three families receive $75,000 each for accident compensation
By Dhanjay Deo
Thursday 06/09/2018

Three families have received $75,000 each for accident compensation through the Accident Compensation Commission Fiji.

These are the first set of payments in the Western Division since the Accident Compensation Act of Fiji came into effect earlier this year.

The first recipient Manasa Boseiwaqa lost his 7-year-old son Josua Boseiwaqa in a motor vehicle accident on 29th May this year on Natabua Road.

Maslamani lost his 26-year-old son Praneet Gounder in a motor vehicle accident on 17th January this year in Waimalika, Nadi while the third recipient, Wilfred Underwood also lost his 17-year-old son Joseph Underwood in a motor vehicle accident which occurred on 4th August in Nabou.

The CEO of Accident Compensation Commission Fiji, Parvez Akbar says there are 86 applications that have been lodged regarding personal injuries and these will be finalised once the medical impairment assessments have been completed.

Six families have now been compensated for the loss of their loved ones and four further applications have been made on behalf of victims who have passed away in motor vehicle accidents.

He says they will compensate these families after receiving all the relevant information.

While speaking at the cheque handing over ceremony, Akbar stressed that passengers should also take responsibility that the person driving the vehicle is doing so responsibly.

Listen to the latest news on our 5 radio stations Legend FM, Viti FM, Radio Sargam, FM96 and Navtarang.
CFL Radio Frequencies
 
MOST POPULAR