The Chairman of the Parliamentary Standing Committee on Justice, Law and Human Rights Alvick Maharaj has stressed that Part 6 of the Code of Conduct Bill is not intended for all civil servants or anyone working for any organisation.
Part 6 of the Code of Conduct Bill deals with the declaration of income, assets and other interest and liabilities and applies to all persons holding positions such as President, Prime Minister, Ministers and Assistant Ministers, Commissioners, Permanent Secretaries and others.
This comes after the Land Transport Authority made their submission on the Code of Conduct Bill to the Committee with the intention that it includes LTA officers.
Maharaj says in Part 6 in the Bill states that it is meant for specific positions in the Ministry structure or public office.
He says it is designed in such a way that it is targeting specific positions and with LTA it is applicable to LTA and not to the staff.
Meanwhile, LTA Operation General Manager Faiyum Ali says that they are always under public scrutiny.
Ali also highlighted some of the challenges that they face which includes the issuance of eticketing fines.
Positions which come under Schedule 6 of the Code of Conduct Bill
2. Prime Minister
4. Ministers (including Assistant Ministers and Acting Ministers)
6. Deputy Speaker
7. Members of Parliament
8. Supervisor of Elections
9. Secretary‑General to Parliament
10. Deputy Secretary‑General to Parliament
11. Official Secretary, Office of the President
12. Secretary to Cabinet
13. Commissioner of the Independent Legal Services Commission
14. Commissioner of FICAC
15. Deputy Commissioner of FICAC
17. Director of Public Prosecutions
18. Director of the Legal Aid Commission
19. Director of the Human Rights and Anti‑Discrimination Commission
20. Permanent secretaries
21. Ambassador or principal representative of Fiji to another country or international
22. Commissioner of the Fiji Police Force
23. Deputy or assistant Commissioner of the Fiji Police Force
24. Commissioner of the Fiji Corrections Service
25. Deputy or assistant Commissioner of the Fiji Corrections Service
26. Commander of the Republic of Fiji Military Forces
38 Code of Conduct— of 2018
28. Governor of the Reserve Bank of Fiji
29. Deputy Governor of the Reserve Bank of Fiji
32. Official Receiver
33. Registrar of Companies
34. Registrar of Titles
35. Chief Pharmacist
36. Deputy Chief Pharmacist
37. Chief Accountant
38. Deputy permanent secretaries
39. Directors in any Government ministry or department
40. Deputy or assistant directors in any Government ministry or department
41. Divisional commissioners
42. Deputy or assistant divisional commissioners
43. Provincial administrators
44. Deputy or assistant provincial administrators
45. Chairperson of each Provincial Council
46. Roko Tui of each Provincial Council
47. District officers
48. Deputy or assistant district officers
49. Special administrator of any town or city council
50. Chief executive officer and the town clerk of any town or city council
51. Chief executive officer of the Biosecurity Authority of Fiji
52. Chief executive officer of the Civil Aviation Authority of Fiji
53. Chief executive officer of the Fijian Competition and Consumer Commission
54. Chief executive officer of the Fiji Meat Industry Board
55. Chief executive officer of the Fiji Revenue and Customs Service
56. Chief executive officer of the Fiji Roads Authority
57. Chief executive officer of the Housing Authority
58. Chief executive officer of Investment Fiji
59. Chief executive officer of the iTaukei Land Trust Board
60. Chief executive officer of the Land Transport Authority
61. Chief executive officer of the Maritime Safety Authority of Fiji
62. Chief executive officer of the Public Rental Board
63. Chief executive officer of Tourism Fiji
64. Chief executive officer of the Water Authority of FijiADVERTISEMENT Listen to the latest news on our 5 radio stations Legend FM, Viti FM, Radio Sargam, FM96 and Navtarang.