30-year-old Saheed Hussein of Khalsa Road, Nasinu had no idea whatsoever that his only child, 12-year-old Rehan Sajid Hussein will be saying “goodbye Abbu” for the last time yesterday.
Rehan Sajid Hussein who was a Year 6 student was electrocuted at his caregiver’s home in Nakasi yesterday afternoon.
Hussein told Fijivillage that he always used to drop his son to Nasinu Muslim School and yesterday was just another morning.
He says that Rehan got off their vehicle, turned and said Goodbye Abbu and started to walk towards the school.
Hussein says this was the last conversation he had with his son.
30-year-old Hussein says Rehan had called his mother at 3.30pm that she does not need to buy another prefect’s badge for him as he managed to locate the misplaced badge at the caregiver’s house.
Hussein says his wife is in a terrible condition and they cannot believe that they have lost their only child.
Rehan will be laid to rest in the next hour at the Wainibuku Cemetery.
It is understood that he was playing outside the house when he touched a live wire.ADVERTISEMENT Listen to the latest news on our 5 radio stations Legend FM, Viti FM, Radio Sargam, FM96 and Navtarang.