Five people have died in Guatemala after they were electrocuted while decorating a Christmas tree in a public park.
The five, one woman and four men, accidentally made contact with high voltage cables while hanging ornaments on an artificial Christmas tree made of iron and wires.
The dead were between 17 and 24 years old.
Rescue workers said the five had died instantly.
Residents said the Christmas tree had been erected in the same place for the past 20 years without any problems.ADVERTISEMENT Listen to the latest news on our 5 radio stations Legend FM, Viti FM, Radio Sargam, FM96 and Navtarang.