Final preparations are underway for the Miss Pacific Islands Pageant which starts at Prince Charles Park in Nadi on Wednesday.
Nine contestants are vying for the crown this year with Fiji represented by Hally Qaqa who won the Miss Fiji Pageant last month.
The 24-year-old who is currently completing her Diploma in Human Anatomy and Physiology will be carrying the message of strengthening family morals and values at the pageant.
She also hopes to be a voice and advocate for the issue of Climate Change.
Qaqa is aspiring to be a physiotherapist.
The official opening ceremony of the pageant will be held at 1pm Wednesday.
This will include a march through Nadi Town.
The contestants opening performance, introduction and sarong judging will be held at 7pm Wednesday.
The talent judging will be held at 7pm Thursday.
2017 Miss Pacific Islands will be crowned at 7.30pm Saturday.
The reigning Miss Pacific Islands is Fiji’s Anne Dunn.
Miss Pacific Islands contestants
- Miss American Samoa – Matauaina Gwendolyn To’omalatai
- Miss Cook Islands – Enerstina Pokuia Bonsu-Maro
- Miss Nauru – Tansy Angelique Itsimaera
- Miss Papua New Guinea – Niawali Anastacia Twain
- Miss Rapa Nui – Tiare Pakarati
- Miss Samoa – Alexandra Iakopo
- Miss Solomon Islands – Emily Chan
- Miss Tonga – Ophelia Kitiliti Kava
- Miss Fiji - Hally Qaqa