Suva is currently leading the Fiji Games medal tally with 30 gold, 20 silver and 11 bronze as Day 2 of the competition continues.
Levuka is in second place with 10 gold, 7 silver and 2 bronze, while Taveuni is third place with 2 golds and 1 silver.
Aaron Powell is on track to win the Fiji Games 100m Mens event after winning his heat with a time of 10.84 seconds.
Powell who is representing Suva will be going up against Vilisoni Rarasea who ran a time of 10.93 seconds to win Heat 2 of the Open Mens event.
Meanwhile Makereta Naulu clocked the fastest time in the Open Womens 100m Heat 1 with the time of 12.53 seconds.
Naulu who represented Suva edged Elenoa Sailosi who ran the time of 12.59 seconds.
In the 400m Heats, Suva's Elenani Tinai won the Open Women Heat 1 with the time of 59.19 seconds.
The Open Men 400m Heat 1 sees Samuela Railoa of Nadi finishing first with the time of 49.05s while Sailosi Tubuilagi of Suva won Heat 2 with the time of 50.37 seconds.
The finals of the 100m will be held at 2pm while the 400m finals will be held at 2.20pm
The Fiji Games is currently being held at the ANZ Stadium.
Meanwhile, Suva also dominated the Fiji Games amateur boxing finals at Raiwai hall boosting Suva’s overall medal tally by 11 gold, 4 silver and 4 bronze.
With 19 Suva boxers qualifying for the finals, Districts like Naitasiri, Ovalau and Nadi were fighting an uphill battle in the overall medal tally for boxing.
Suva won majority of the weight classes including: Fly Weight, Middle Weight, Bantam Weight, Light Weight, Light Welter Weight, Welter Weight, Middle Weight, Light Heavy Weight, Heavy Weight and Super Heavy Weight.
- Fly Weight 52kg – Zoheeb Ali of Suva (Referee Stop Contest)
- Middle Weight 75kg - Waisiki Ligaloa of Suva (Split points)
- Middle Weight 75kg - Aminiasi Naika of Suva (Referee Stop Contest)
- Super Heavy Weight 91+ - Joseph Nagatalevu of Ovalau (Disqualification of opponent)
- Super Heavy Weight 91+ - Buli Colavanua of Nadi (Walkover – No other contestants)
- Bantam Weight 56kg - Nathan Singh of Suva (Referee Stop Contest)
- Light Weight 60kg – Jonathan Levo of Suva (Split Points decision)
- Light Welter Weight 64kg - Jone Koroilagilagi of Suva (Unanimous points decision)
- Welter Weight 69kg - Vilimoni Drotini of Suva (Split Points decision)
- Middle Weight 75kg - Epeli Cokanasiga of Suva (Referee Stop Contest)
- Light Heavy Weight 81kg - Cena Ruata of Suva (Walkover – No other contestants)
- Heavy Weight 91kg - Eroni Ligaloa of Suva (Referee Stop Contest)
- Super Heavy Weight 91+ - Nemani Rokobuli of Suva (Split Points decision)